- one/three cup butter, melted
- one cup sugar
- three tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 huge eggs, space temperature
- 1-one/2 cups all-objective flour
- one teaspoon baking powder
- one/2 teaspoon salt
- one/two cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/two cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- one/4 cup sugar
- In a huge bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well soon after each and every addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon zest.
- Transfer to a greased 8×4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or right up until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Awesome for 10 minutes ahead of removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze components drizzle more than warm bread. Cool totally.
Oh my!! This bread is great!! I added some lemon extract to it!! It is so moist and delicious!! I WILL be making this again.
What sort of bread pan are you employing glass or metal? I used glass and didn’t alter something and it acquired too dark on the outside before it totally cooked. Had a great taste minus the dark outside.
This was exceptional. Will make yet again and once again.
This is A Great recipe!! I made it these days, fresh blueberries, fresh lemons and zest and walnuts! Delish!! Thank you for this recipe, my 1st time to make a blueberry bread. Certainly will make again. (Sugar for the icing. confectioners, butter softened, not melted and include a little flour to the blueberries 1st prior to folding into the batter.)
Definitely scrumptious! Manufactured 2 loaves, froze one. Utilised freshly picked blueberries. Did not have any two% milk so I utilised one/3 c fat cost-free milk and 2/three lower body fat half and half (doubled recipe). Worked fine!
This is so scrumptious! It’s a excellent blend of sweet and tart! It was so simple to make and it was really light and moist. I did rolI the blueberries in flour and utilised 10-X sugar for the glaze. I served it with a scoop of lemon sherbet . What a fantastic summer time dessert!
This lemon blueberry bread was very very good. The very best way Mom and I can describe the taste is like “blueberry fruitcake” (lol, with out all the candied fruit). It has a moist dense texture. I utilised granulated sugar in the glaze (I see some reviewers employed confectioners sugar). The sweetness was excellent. Use fresh lemons for ideal results.
I adore this bread! If you don’t want your blueberries to sink, freeze them initial as I do. I use 3 mini pans and bake for 40 minutes. I haven’t attempted the glaze yet due to the fact, for me, it’s just proper as is.
Hunting forward to baking this, sounds delicious. Thx for beneficial tips!
Have been making this for a number of many years without having the nuts. We choose nuts in banana bread or a pumpkin, and so on. To answer a reviewer the glaze is granulated sugar. I use this almost constantly with sweet breads. Depending on what sort of bread, I substitute orange juice for lemon juice. That is a fantastic pairing with banana or any spice bread. If you place the glaze on as quickly as it comes out of the oven, it sets to a relatively crunchy sugar topping. tasty!