Chewy oatmeal cookies
- one cup butter, softened
- one cup sugar
- one cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- one tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- two cups all-function flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- one-one/two teaspoons baking soda
- one teaspoon ground cinnamon
- one/2 teaspoon salt
- one cup each and every raisins and chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a huge bowl, cream butter and sugars until finally light and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla beat nicely.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt steadily add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-ten minutes or until finally lightly browned. Great on pans for two minutes just before getting rid of to wire racks.
I produced these plain ( no raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips, and so forth.) so I needed to include a couple much more tablespoons of flour. They are actually good, chewy oatmeal cookies. My husband genuinely likes them!
This recipe LOOKED like the cookie I needed to make. I followed the recipe except I omitted the choc chips. These cookies are just entirely wonderful! I can’t wait for my Grandchildren to raid the cookie jar! 🙂 !
Outstanding recipe I added dried cranberries rather of raisins and a little coconut flakes to experiment and some further oats to make them a lot more chewey. Had to alter a couple of substances due to the fact it was as well dry but they came out so excellent I’m making some more but this time I am including sweet potato to the experimental mix. May possibly as properly make them good and nutritious. Super oatmeal cookies!
This will be my new staple. Came out exactly as we like them. So So very good.
***I by no means bake this was probably only my second or third time producing cookies from scratch. I had a craving for a truly good oatmeal cookie and identified this recipe.*** This recipe was simple, scrumptious, and undoubtedly a keeper. I followed the recipe instructions specifically without having any problems (except my cookies d >
Excellent recipe! I refrigerate any cookie dough for 30 mins that uses butter for fluffier outcomes. I also use both parchment or non stick foil to stop any cookies from sticking and these turned out perfectly.
soft and chewy reminded me of my grandmother’s when I was a kid I truly did not modify anything I think they’re excellent as they are fantastic. My boyfriend really like them
Agreed. These cookies are tasty but flat. Some of them ran a bit so i believe there is too a lot butter in the recipe.
Haha Thanks Craig! I created these cookies due to the fact of your wonderful overview and you have been 100% right! I also manufactured a couple changes to the authentic recipe.. I lower every sugar down to three/four cup, added craisins, walnuts and semi sweet choc chips, AND I really chilled my dough for 20 minutes ahead of baking. These are my edition of the well-known Laura Bush Cowboy Cookie. My cookies came out chewy and incredible.