Green beans casserole
This Classic Green Bean Casserole is made with cream of mushroom soup, green beans, cheese, crispy fried onions and comes collectively in about 10 minutes! This kind of an easy classic that can make an appearance on our table at Thanksgiving and Christmas every 12 months!
The Best Green Bean Casserole
Everybody has classics that they make for holiday meals and this is certainly 1 of mine. For me, the very best green bean casserole is what I’ve been eating every single 12 months since I was a kid – the classic with cream of mushroom soup, green beans and crispy fried onions. Our secret ingredient to producing it even far better is a little trick my mom has constantly utilised – a little bit of soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and a dash of scorching sauce. That added bit of taste genuinely does make the greatest green bean casserole!
Canned, Fresh or Frozen Green Beans
1 of the wonderful things about Green Bean Casserole is that you can genuinely use whichever green bean is your preference. A vacation meal is a busy a single with tons of prep, so you do no matter what is best.
Increasing up, we mainly utilized canned green beans, though lately we’ve been utilizing fresh green beans much more and a lot more. I played close to with all 3 possibilities in this casserole to genuinely compare side-by-side and see what my favored was. The winner was fresh! Canned green beans are the softest and tend to have the least flavor, whereas frozen green beans are the crunchiest and the strongest taste. I loved the middle ground of the fresh green beans. Pre-cook them in the microwave for a handful of minutes to soften them up a bit and they are the perfect texture in the casserole. Plus, they have excellent taste with out taking over the other flavors in the casserole. Winner!
How To Make Green Bean Casserole?
The greatest factor about this casserole is that you really just throw every thing together and toss it into your baking dish. You’ll maintain some of the crispy fried onions aside to include to the leading, but otherwise it truly is that basic.
A single component of the green bean casserole that I discover critical is the sum of milk. I don’t adore a green bean casserole that is too soupy or soppy, so I like to have just enough milk with no it becoming too considerably. I uncover that a fourth of a cup of milk is just right.
One more fantastic issue about this casserole is that you could entirely prepare it ahead of time. Just include the crispy fried onions before you put it in the oven, so that they preserve their texture. You have so much to prepare at the holidays, why not make daily life simpler and do some prep perform ahead of time?
The last casserole is that classic green bean casserole we all know and really like. And you truly can’t argue with a classic.
5 from two reviews
This Traditional Green Bean Casserole is produced with cream of mushroom soup, green beans, cheese, crispy fried onions and comes with each other in about 5 minutes! This kind of an simple classic that can make an look on our table at Thanksgiving and Christmas every single 12 months!
- Writer: Lindsay
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Complete Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: six – eight servings one x
- Class: Savory
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cup s green beans*
- ten.5 oz can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/four cup milk
- one/8 tsp black pepper
- one tsp soy sauce
- one tsp worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce
- one cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used white cheddar cheese)
- 1 1/two cup s crispy fried onions, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. If making use of fresh green beans, trim the ends and put in a microwave protected bowl with about two tablespoons of water. Cover loosely with clear wrap and microwave for five-7 minutes, or till they start to get tender. Keep in mind that they’ll carry on to cook in the oven. When accomplished, cover the green beans in cold water to keep them from cooking far more.
three. If making use of frozen green beans, microwave till thawed, then drain them.
4. If employing canned green beans, drain them.
5. In a huge bowl, combine the green beans, soup, milk, pepper, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cheddar cheese and one cup of crispy fried onions.
six. Pour the mixture into a 1 1/two quart dish and bake for 25-thirty minutes.
7. Leading the casserole with the remaining crispy fried onions and bake for one more five minutes, then serve.