These are the very best oven baked meatballs! So easy to make, juicy and flavorful. They’re perfect for appetizers, meatballs subs or on leading of spaghetti.
If you’re a fan of Italian foods, you’re going to really like this spaghetti and meatballs recipe! It’s this kind of a classic and is so straightforward to whip up. You’ll also adore my homemade bolognese, crockpot lasagna, creamy alfredo and cheesy baked beef ravioli.
Italian meatball recipe
These baked meatballs are usually on our month to month rotation. Spaghetti and meatballs are 1 of my kid’s preferred dinners…they request them practically every week. And because these meatballs are so effortless to make and super flavorful, I have no issue with that! They are even best for meatball subs or appetizers like meatball sliders.
I adore that these Italian meatballs bake in the oven…it makes them so easy to whip up and keeps the meatballs juicy. When they cook in the oven, all you have to do is simmer them for a couple of minutes with marinara sauce while you boil your spaghetti noodles. In just 30 minutes or so, you’ll have a delicious, homemade dinner in no time!
This spaghetti and meatballs recipe tastes remarkable when served with garlic rolls or garlic bread. Sometimes I’ll even make my very own homemade tomato sauce if I have some fresh tomatoes on hand. Such a class dish that never ever gets old!
What are the elements to make meatballs?
To make these Italian meatballs, you’ll need the straightforward ingredients below. The parsley is optional, nevertheless I very advocate adding it in if you’re creating the traditional spaghetti and meatballs recipe. It adds tons of extra taste. If you’re serving these meatballs with a sweet and sour sauce or generating my crockpot meatballs, I advocate leaving it out.
- Ground beef
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley (optional)
How do you make Italian meatballs?
Scroll down for the printable meatball recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a foil-lined baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir till mixed. If required, add a Tablespoon of water to preserve mixture wet.
- Scoop the meat from the bowl and type into 1 1/2 balls. Then location meatballs on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs uncovered for 17-20 minutes, or right up until middle is no longer pink. Flip halfway by means of.
- If desired, simmer meatballs with marinara sauce for 10 minutes and serve more than noodles.
Suggestions for generating baked meatball recipe
- Don’t over combine! In excess of-mixing can make the meat tough.
- Use a cookie scoop (an ice cream scoop works too) to make the meatballs equal in size. This will guarantee they all cook the very same.
- If your meatball mixture is also dry when combining, add a Tablespoon of water to maintain it wet.
- Make positive to flip the meatballs halfway by means of so that the bottoms don’t burn up!
- If you don’t have fresh garlic or onion on hand, sub with garlic and onion powder.
Can you freeze leftover meatballs?
Yes, you can freeze these homemade meatballs! All you require to do is let them to amazing. Then transfer the meatballs to a clean baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour. After they harden in the freezer, transfer to a ziptop bag. Label and location them back in the freezer for up to three months.
To thaw the meatballs, place the bag in the refrigerator overnight. I like to take them out of the freezer and include the meatballs to the slow cooker with marinara sauce. I just cook them on lower for two-3 hours for an straightforward dinner later on!