Meat sauce recipe
Spaghetti Meat Sauce is beefy, juicy and so satisfying. It comes together quickly so it is best for active weeknights, and it’s freezer pleasant. Meat sauce has all of the comforting flavors of Spaghetti and Meatballs, or conventional Bolognese but is significantly less difficult!
Serve this meat sauce more than spaghetti with a generous volume of parmesan cheese, paired with asparagus and crusty French bread. P.S. You can also use this meat sauce to make the Ideal Lasagna.
This post could contain affiliate backlinks. Read through my disclosure policy.
Spaghetti Meat Sauce
This is my sister Svetlana’s ground beef meat sauce recipe. She uses an authentic Prego sauce and tends to make it for camping each year. You can use a homemade marinara sauce or your favorite keep-purchased marinara. I’ve gotten so a lot of requests for her well-known meat sauce recipe so right here it is! This one particular rivals Olive Garden’s spaghetti and meat sauce.
Which Pasta for Meat Sauce?
Here’s the elegance of this recipe – you can pair it with your favourite pasta! Meat Sauce for pasta is typically produced with spaghetti, but it goes actually nicely with any of these:
- String Pastas – Spaghetti, Linguine, Fettuccine
- Ribbon Pastas – Pappardelle or Tagliatelle
- Tubular Pastas – Penne, Cannelloni, Rigatoni, Ziti
- Corkscrew Pastas – Cavatappi
How to Make Spaghetti Meat Sauce:
The components for this meat sauce recipe are pantry staples and we always maintain a stash of ground beef in the freezer for the days we don’t have a good deal of time to get dinner on the table. It comes together in 1 pot or dutch oven and genuinely doesn’t get any less complicated than this. Seriously the greatest meat sauce!
- Sautee ground beef till no longer pink.
- Add chopped onion, one tsp salt, one/two tsp cumin, one/4 tsp pepper, cook until finally soft then include garlic and sautee until finally fragrant.
- Include marinara sauce, 1/four cup water and 1 tsp sugar. Partially cover and simmer meat sauce twenty minutes. Accomplished!
How to Freeze Meat Sauce:
Meat sauce will final in the fridge for up to four days. To store it longer, transfer meat sauce to a freezer-risk-free container, leaving just a slight amount of headroom at the best. We favor freezing meat sauce in freezer ziploc bags simply because it lays flat in the freezer and can be quick-thawed underneath running water.
How to Defrost Meat Sauce?
There are a number of ways to defrost meat sauce. Once it is completely thawed, reheat more than medium heat just until hot and simmering.
- Quick-thaw strategy: Place the sealed bag of meat sauce in a bowl beneath cold water until thawed.
- Slow-thaw strategy: Location the frozen meat sauce in the fridge overnight.
- For a camping journey: location packaged frozen meat sauce in a cooler with ice and allow it thaw as in a refrigerator overnight.
Household Friendly Pasta Dinners:
- Chicken Pesto Pasta – add pesto to Alfredo and see what transpires!
- Chicken Tetrazzini – creamy, cheesy and often a hit!
- Creamy Mac and Cheese – effortless stove-prime edition
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta – with the very best Alfredo sauce
- Mom’s Chicken Aflredo – always a traditional!
This Spaghetti Meat Sauce can make for an irresistibly very good pasta dinner loved by all ages! It makes a huge batch but you can effortlessly freeze meat sauce for yet another evening. I hope this ground beef meat sauce gets a new favored in your property!